Thursday, November 26, 2009

randomness

I've been told I am not very good at this blogging thing (the keeping up with it part, I hope!) but my darling boy is not a fan of entertaining himself and I swear he does not sleep during the day. Ever. It is currently 2am, Ethan has been asleep for about an hour, Darin is still at work, and I am so wide awake it is not even funny. Thought it would be a good time for a little update.


It has been quite the busy month here and I have loved every minute of it! Ethan is growing and changing so much and it is just so much fun to see.




We had brunch with the gang...all 18 of us now! It is so great to get everyone together and does not happen hearly enough. One thing I've noticed when we get together is there is less of an opportunity for adult conversation and lots more kiddos around...love it! (well, not so much the little conversation part, but we all have some VERY cute kiddos!) Camera left at home this day, should really bring it out more.


Ethan's Baptism was on the 15th and was such a wonderful day with family and friends. We decided to have everyone over for dinner instead of going out and that gave us a push to get some things done around the house. The main thing was the powder room. Who knew such a tiny room would take us so long to get done! Love the results.



After the Batism was over I was able to shift my focus to Christmas. Ethan's fist Christmas is only a month away! I wanted to take him to the Santa Clause Parade but found out too late that it came early this year and we missed it. Victoria Park gets all decked out in Christmas light and I think he will just love them so we will head down there for sure. The official lighting is tomorrow night (when we are out of town) and they make a big event out of it but really, my 4 month old won't know the difference. I have made a good dent in my Christmas list (just the stocking left for Ethan...what exactly goes in a stocking for a 5 month old baby??) and am starting to bring out the decorations! (I told Darin once we had a kiddo in the house I wouldn't hold back so much for him!) We made an attempt to take our Christmas card photo and I am actually pretty happy with how they turned out. Here are the out takes...








The Santa hat just happened to be sitting right there when we were having some naked play time. How could I resist?


Gramma and Grampa Cook are moving into their new apartment this weekend and Darin is heading to Chatham to help out. I am continuing on to Windsor to spend some time with my mom and dad. It is the first night the three of us won't be together. It already feels a little strange.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Great job Jenn.
Love him in the Santa hat.